IASA Annual Conference Travel Grant
IASA ANNUAL CONFERENCE TRAVEL AWARD FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
In an effort to defray some of the traveling costs for graduate students attending the Italian American Studies Association annual conference or symposium in Italy, the association has set aside limited funds for student travel. All application materials must be in English.
Full-time graduate students at any level of study whose papers have been accepted for presentation at the Italian American Studies Association conference or symposium for the year in which funds are being requested may apply. Applicants must be members of IASA.
Graduate students must be in good standing (i.e., fully enrolled, degree-seeking, with proof of working in a timely manner on degree requirements; no academic probation, etc.). If they do not win one year, they may reapply in subsequent for subsequent conferences.
N.B. This is a separate application process from the Memorial Fellowship Award. Qualified graduate students may apply for both.
Decisions will be based on the following:
• Proof of acceptance for presentation at the upcoming IASA conference;
• Evidence of good standing and timely progress toward degree requirements;
• Previous IASA travel awards received;
• Travel distance between the home institution and conference location;
• Quantity of funding secured from other sources; and
• Quality and originality of the abstract.
Please send the following documents in .doc(x) or pdf format to the Fellowship/Award Committee Chair, Dr. Colleen Ryan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Cover letter: Please include home institution/primary professional affiliation, year and program of study, and dissertation title or details about your area of specialization. Then include your accepted paper title, your travel plan, full budget, requested amount for the award, and proof of financial support received from the home institution or outside sources.
● A scanned copy of your unofficial transcript as proof of your good standing.
● A forwarded e-mail with the IASA presentation acceptance from the panel organizer.
● Conference abstract.
For any questions about the application process, please contact the Fellowship/Award Committee, Colleen Ryan, at email@example.com
DEADLINE: September 7, 2022
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Recipients of travel awards will be notified via e-mail, and the award funding will be sent in the form of a bank check by regular mail or through PayPal.
IASA Annual Conference Grant: Past Winners
2022: First Place (tie): Monica Ambalal and Michael Limmer
First Runner Up: Angela Princiotto
Honorable Mentions: Arianna Avalle and Marcella Zulla
2019: Ryan Antonucci, Alessandra Balzani, Brandon Bisby, Leslie Chavez, Emily Cota, Dario De Palma, Abigail Gonzalez, Anthony Mitzel, & Federico Tiberini
2018: Dario De Palma, Adam Giannelli, Giacomo Sproccati, & Anthony Mitzel
2017: Pietro Bacchia, Jessica Femiani, Cinzia Marongiu, & Jessica Whitehead
2016: Anthony Mitzel, Lisa Paolucci, Giacomo Sproccati, & Jessica Whitehead
2015: Ryan Antonucci, Anna Ciamparella, Anthony Mitzel, Lisa Paolucci, & Joseph Tumolo
2014: Pedro Cameselle, Anthony Mitzel, Taylor Papallo, & Valentina Sgro
2013: No Awards
2012: Nancy Caronia, Camilla Dubini, & Vera Lentini
2011: Stelios Christodoulos, Antonietta Di Pietro, Domenica Diraviam, Roxanne Pilot, & Victoria Spiering
2010: Fabio Pesaresi & JoAnne Ruvoli
2009: No Awards
2008: Danielle Battisti, Evelyn Ferraro, Stephen Fielding, Maddalena Marinari, Roxanne Pilot, JoAnne Ruvoli, & Carrie Ann Tocci